Be Accountable For Your Future Growth
Never rely on others for your success. Instead, take ownership of where you’re going, how you’re going to get there, and whatever tools you may need to help you along the way.
From personal experience, this attitude in life has only made me more successful because my drive comes from within. The way I see it, as soon as you start relying on others, you will always be disappointed. If others help and support you this is a huge bonus but being self-sufficient is always the key.
5 Quick Tips to Taking Ownership of Your Success:
- Be self-accountable.Whether it’s for personal growth or professional development, make a commitment to yourself and follow through with your behavior, attitude and actions.
- Be a solution seeker.Every challenge provides an opportunity to be more resourceful and create positive outcomes.
- Take initiative.Be willing and ready to be proactive when opportunities arise.
- Ask for feedback. And use it! You might not like what you hear, but everyone has a different lens. Being aware and open to the perspective of others can help you get to the next level.
- Invest in yourself. Take your career to the next level by investing in your greatest asset – YOU. With knowledge and experience already under your belt, look for new ways to increase your own unique value proposition.
Just because you are credible and have experience doesn’t mean you can relax. Always be accountable for your future growth. If you want to have greater presence, impact and influence in your career, contact Melissa Lewis, Founder of The Ascension Group.